ABILENE, Texas - Abilene's IHOP on South Clack Street has decided to up their private security after a shooting happened at the restaurant a little more than two weeks ago.
Although IHOP officials wouldn't specify who, they did say an armed security guard from a private security company has been hired to work at the restaurant.
The security guard will be on duty Friday and Saturday nights from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Asked if the hiring was because of the shooting, IHOP's South Clack Street manager said, "It was what they were instructed to do."
Brandon Green, 25, of Arlington was recently arrested and charged with aggravated assault in connection to the shooting of Theodore Carrion, 25, of Abilene, at the IHOP restaurant. Approximately 50 people were reportedly eating at the IHOP at the time of the shooting.
- Texas Senate to vote on bill to fund downtown Abilene hotel
- Abilene splash pads to open for summer Wednesday
- Early voting can have significant impact on elections
- 18-wheeler carrying sheet rock flips on Abilene highway
- Abilene City Council asking for public input during special meeting
- Survey of Abilene homeless population shows increase in numbers
- Brown County police chief disgusted Brownwood man's sentence was shortened
- RadioShack latest victim in wave of corporate closures in Brownwood
- Brownwood man commuted by President Obama released from jail on Tuesday
- Police: Brownwood man wasn't victim of drive-by shooting, instead shot himself
- Brown County commissioners approve reducing speed limit on CC Woodson Road
- Brown County political forum scheduled for Tuesday night
- Coleman County voters to decide on $9.1 million bond for new LEC
- Breckenridge woman killed in rollover crash
- Zephyr ISD approves new football turf amid ongoing litigation
- Albany City Councilman gets 10 years of probation for indecency with child
- Students honor Snyder High School math teacher killed in West Texas crash
- Hwy 84/183 in Brown County reopened after 2-hour delay