ABILENE, Texas - Abilene's IHOP on South Clack Street has decided to up their private security after a shooting happened at the restaurant a little more than two weeks ago.
Although IHOP officials wouldn't specify who, they did say an armed security guard from a private security company has been hired to work at the restaurant.
The security guard will be on duty Friday and Saturday nights from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Asked if the hiring was because of the shooting, IHOP's South Clack Street manager said, "It was what they were instructed to do."
Brandon Green, 25, of Arlington was recently arrested and charged with aggravated assault in connection to the shooting of Theodore Carrion, 25, of Abilene, at the IHOP restaurant. Approximately 50 people were reportedly eating at the IHOP at the time of the shooting.
- Updated Teenage suspect arrested in Hamlin murder; 2nd suspect wanted
- Updated Abilene police ask for help identifying man who robbed 2 convenience stores
- Updated House fires fought in north, south Abilene
- Big Country 15-year-old sells steer for $345,000
- Updated Abilene man accused of molesting 4-year-old boy
- Abilene police ask for help identifying man who robbed 2 convenience stores
- 2nd Vernon College rodeo team member dies 8 days after Haskell County crash; 3rd death total
- Teenage suspect arrested in Hamlin murder; 2nd suspect wanted
- Abilene man arrested on child pornography charges
- House fires fought in north, south Abilene
- Brownwood college rodeo raising funds for families of deceased Vernon College students
- Brownwood teen gets 50 years in prison for murdering parents
- Sears Hometown in Early to remain open despite company's woes
- Scoreboard at Gordon Wood Stadium in Brownwood to be replaced
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities