ABILENE, Texas - Abilene's IHOP on South Clack Street has decided to up their private security after a shooting happened at the restaurant a little more than two weeks ago.
Although IHOP officials wouldn't specify who, they did say an armed security guard from a private security company has been hired to work at the restaurant.
The security guard will be on duty Friday and Saturday nights from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Asked if the hiring was because of the shooting, IHOP's South Clack Street manager said, "It was what they were instructed to do."
Brandon Green, 25, of Arlington was recently arrested and charged with aggravated assault in connection to the shooting of Theodore Carrion, 25, of Abilene, at the IHOP restaurant. Approximately 50 people were reportedly eating at the IHOP at the time of the shooting.
- Updated Video shows man using stolen credit card at Abilene store
- Updated Circus acrobats tie the knot on tightrope during Texas show
- Updated Judge: Reagan shooter can leave hospital to live in Virginia
- Updated Abilene mother fears daughter, 12, victim of human trafficking
- Updated Suspect sought in death of Texas journalist, investor