ABILENE, Texas - Abilene's IHOP on South Clack Street has decided to up their private security after a shooting happened at the restaurant a little more than two weeks ago.
Although IHOP officials wouldn't specify who, they did say an armed security guard from a private security company has been hired to work at the restaurant.
The security guard will be on duty Friday and Saturday nights from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Asked if the hiring was because of the shooting, IHOP's South Clack Street manager said, "It was what they were instructed to do."
Brandon Green, 25, of Arlington was recently arrested and charged with aggravated assault in connection to the shooting of Theodore Carrion, 25, of Abilene, at the IHOP restaurant. Approximately 50 people were reportedly eating at the IHOP at the time of the shooting.
- Sweetwater teen wins gold medal in national powerlifting competition
- Texas woman slain as boyfriend shoots at another man
- Official: Storm triggered sensor that halted new Six Flags roller coaster
- Brownwood police release ID of man shot in head, upgrade charges against suspect
- KTXS Forecast: Thunderstorm chances continue as next cold front approaches
- Abilene families release butterflies to remember their loved ones
- Young horse riders show off skills in Abilene
- Dog show held at Mall of Abilene
- Eighteen seniors graduate from Abilene Christian School
- Weather doesn't keep Williams from canvassing for votes
- Abilene's new aquatic center to open mid-June
- 3 firefighters, 1 other injured in Brownwood house fire
- Man in critical condition after shooting in Brownwood, suspect arrested
- TEA says Mullin ISD violated education codes, defrauded state
- Brown County man sentenced to 35 years in prison for child sex crime
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent says school will be open next year
- Brown County law enforcement holds ceremony honoring fallen officers
- Dyess We Care Team repairs the home of a WWII veteran
- Sweetwater residents welcome rain after severe storm
- NWS confirms multiple tornadoes touched down in northern Brown County
- DPS identifies driver of 18-wheeler that crashed off overpass in Callahan County
- Rain totals: 'Quite measurable' amounts recorded in Big Country
- Sweetwater police chase ends with car on top of 2 pickup trucks