ABILENE, Texas - Abilene's IHOP on South Clack Street has decided to up their private security after a shooting happened at the restaurant a little more than two weeks ago.
Although IHOP officials wouldn't specify who, they did say an armed security guard from a private security company has been hired to work at the restaurant.
The security guard will be on duty Friday and Saturday nights from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Asked if the hiring was because of the shooting, IHOP's South Clack Street manager said, "It was what they were instructed to do."
Brandon Green, 25, of Arlington was recently arrested and charged with aggravated assault in connection to the shooting of Theodore Carrion, 25, of Abilene, at the IHOP restaurant. Approximately 50 people were reportedly eating at the IHOP at the time of the shooting.
- Brownwood teen accused of killing daughter waives right to jury trial
- Brownwood mayor's State of the City focuses on finances, future projects
- Court finds Brownwood murder suspect competent to stand trial
- Brown County Christian academy wants nearby speed limit reduced
- Brownwood professor talks new pipeline regulations