ABILENE, Texas - Abilene IHOP shooting suspect Brandon Green hasn't been transported from Tarrant County to Taylor County Jail because Green "has an additional charge pending in their jurisdiction," the Taylor County Sheriff's Department reported Thursday.
Green isn't "yet ready to be returned to Abilene," sheriff's office spokesman Lt. John Cummins said in an email.
The Tarrant County charge is assault of family member/household member while impeding breath or circulation. That means Green is accused of impeding the normal breathing or circulation of blood by applying pressure to someone's throat or neck or by blocking an individual's nose or mouth.
"He (Green) will be transported back to Taylor County, once Green's Tarrant County case is heard," Cummins said.
Green was arrested and charged with aggravated assault this week in connection to the shooting of Theodore Carrion, 25, of Abilene, at the IHOP restaurant on South Clack Street. Approximately 50 people were reportedly eating at the IHOP at the time of the shooting.
Meanwhile, police released Green's mugshot Wednesday after a delay.
The release of Green's mugshot had been put on hold following an Abilene Police Department request, according to an Arlington Police Department spokeswoman.
"Our department's Criminal Investigation Division has completed their photo lineups and have now authorized release of Green's mugshot," Abilene Police Department spokesman George Spindler said in an email Wednesday afternoon.
- Updated Convicted man on Texas Most Wanted sex offender list caught
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Associated Press releases it's Texas high school football rankings for Week 1
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase