ABILENE, Texas - AISD is asking the Abilene City Council to support them in a petition to get the annual yearly progress ratings overturned. The resolution encourages the Texas Legislature to reexamine the standardized testing of public school students that is currently in place.
A petition has already been filed with the Texas Education Agency in Austin.
The city council will look at adopting a resolution next Tuesday to help AISD fight the state.
The ratings started in 2003 with "the no child left behind act"-AISD hopes to get them thrown out.
They're not the only ones, 10 other Big Country school districts are also part of the 600 district state wide coalition .
- Updated Video shows man using stolen credit card at Abilene store
- Updated Circus acrobats tie the knot on tightrope during Texas show
- Updated Judge: Reagan shooter can leave hospital to live in Virginia
- Updated Abilene mother fears daughter, 12, victim of human trafficking
- Updated Suspect sought in death of Texas journalist, investor