ABILENE, Texas - Abilene ISD's board is considering upping starting pay increase for beginning teachers from $39,000 annually to at least $40,000 per year.
The proposal also includes an increase in the budget for payroll by 2.75 percent for faculty and staff.
Additionally, the board is looking at the addition of about 25 positions. Ten of those would be at the elementary school level in attempt to improve the student-teacher ratio.
Board members will go over the recommendations at the next regular school board meeting, which is Monday, July 14. The final budget is due to be approved on Aug. 25.
- Brownwood teen accused of killing daughter waives right to jury trial
- Brownwood mayor's State of the City focuses on finances, future projects
- Court finds Brownwood murder suspect competent to stand trial
- Brown County Christian academy wants nearby speed limit reduced
- Brownwood professor talks new pipeline regulations