ABILENE, Texas - Abilene ISD's board is considering upping starting pay increase for beginning teachers from $39,000 annually to at least $40,000 per year.
The proposal also includes an increase in the budget for payroll by 2.75 percent for faculty and staff.
Additionally, the board is looking at the addition of about 25 positions. Ten of those would be at the elementary school level in attempt to improve the student-teacher ratio.
Board members will go over the recommendations at the next regular school board meeting, which is Monday, July 14. The final budget is due to be approved on Aug. 25.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Updated Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS