ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene Independent School District Board of Trustees approved a tax rate Monday night of $1.2175 per $100 property valuation. That is 6 cents per $100 valuation higher than last year and the result of the bond approved by voters in November.
A home worth $100,000 will see taxes go up roughly $60 a year.
The district's 2014-2015 budget also calls for giving teachers an across-the-board pay raise. It will also add approximately 25 new employee positions in AISD as well.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account