ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene Independent School District Board of Trustees approved a tax rate Monday night of $1.2175 per $100 property valuation. That is 6 cents per $100 valuation higher than last year and the result of the bond approved by voters in November.
A home worth $100,000 will see taxes go up roughly $60 a year.
The district's 2014-2015 budget also calls for giving teachers an across-the-board pay raise. It will also add approximately 25 new employee positions in AISD as well.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated
- Walter murder trial: 'Formality' in sentencing to call Abilene couple back to court Thursday