ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene Independent School District Board of Trustees approved a tax rate Monday night of $1.2175 per $100 property valuation. That is 6 cents per $100 valuation higher than last year and the result of the bond approved by voters in November.
A home worth $100,000 will see taxes go up roughly $60 a year.
The district's 2014-2015 budget also calls for giving teachers an across-the-board pay raise. It will also add approximately 25 new employee positions in AISD as well.
- Updated Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- San Angelo city councilman asked to resign over racial Facebook comments
- Updated Storms result in phone problems at Brownwood Police Department
- Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- Updated Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- 140-year-old hardware store to stay open under new ownership
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field