ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene Independent School District Board of Trustees approved a tax rate Monday night of $1.2175 per $100 property valuation. That is 6 cents per $100 valuation higher than last year and the result of the bond approved by voters in November.
A home worth $100,000 will see taxes go up roughly $60 a year.
The district's 2014-2015 budget also calls for giving teachers an across-the-board pay raise. It will also add approximately 25 new employee positions in AISD as well.
- Texas sales tax holiday set for first weekend of August
- 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Boy, 7, finds key, unlocks Texas gun cabinet, shoots self
- Abilenians sought for curbside recycling program, deadline Monday
- Tax rate increase approved by Abilene City Council in first reading