ABILENE, Texas - Abilene public schools will conduct regular school days Friday and then on Monday, May 26, as makeup days for classes canceled this year due to bad weather.
April 18 is Good Friday and May 26 is Memorial Day.
Also Monday, during Abilene ISD's board meeting, trustees accepted bids to begin work on replacing heating and cooling units at four elementary schools – Bassetti, Ortiz, Ward and Thomas. Money for the projects come from school bonds approved by voters in November 2013.
Meanwhile, Wylie ISD trustees voted to cancel the May 10 school board election because the three candidates on the ballot are running unopposed.
WISD officials said canceling the election will save the district money.
- Updated Foreign national leads high-speed chase, fires shots through Big Country
- Updated On Mexico trip, Trump leaves press stranded
- Updated City of Abilene receives 2,000+ complaints or comments about water bills
- Updated Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Updated August 2016 ties August 1914 as wettest in Texas
- Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Paint Creek reacts to Perry's Dancing with the Stars casting
- Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season