ABILENE, Texas - Abilene Independent School District trustees passed the 2013-2014 school budget Monday night.
The budget totals $123.6 million. The tax rate approved by the board is $1.1501 per $100 valuation. The rate is about a quarter-cent lower than last year's rate.
The budget includes about a 3.5 percent wage increase for certified and non-certified district personnel.
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range