ABILENE, Texas - Abilene Independent School District trustees passed the 2013-2014 school budget Monday night.
The budget totals $123.6 million. The tax rate approved by the board is $1.1501 per $100 valuation. The rate is about a quarter-cent lower than last year's rate.
The budget includes about a 3.5 percent wage increase for certified and non-certified district personnel.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget