ABILENE, Texas - Abilene Independent School District trustees passed the 2013-2014 school budget Monday night.
The budget totals $123.6 million. The tax rate approved by the board is $1.1501 per $100 valuation. The rate is about a quarter-cent lower than last year's rate.
The budget includes about a 3.5 percent wage increase for certified and non-certified district personnel.
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Updated 2 men charged in shooting death of Dwyane Wade's cousin Nykea Aldridge
- Philippines: 5-year-old girl killed in drug war, Human Rights Watch says
- HPU baseball team collects donations for LA flood victims
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident