ABILENE, Texas - Abilene ISD's board voted Monday night to put surplus money in the Shotwell Stadium improvement budget.
The school board considered using the money for other things within the district, but ultimately voted to put the money toward Shotwell Stadium, where football games and other activities are held. The board does have the power to take back the money at a later date.
A final decision on where the money will stay permanently must be made by the board by next year.
The money came from game and concession revenue.
- Updated Volkswagen agrees to compensate US dealers over emissions scandal
- Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic