ABILENE, Texas - Abilene ISD's board voted Monday night to put surplus money in the Shotwell Stadium improvement budget.
The school board considered using the money for other things within the district, but ultimately voted to put the money toward Shotwell Stadium, where football games and other activities are held. The board does have the power to take back the money at a later date.
A final decision on where the money will stay permanently must be made by the board by next year.
The money came from game and concession revenue.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer