ABILENE, Texas - Abilene ISD's board voted Monday night to put surplus money in the Shotwell Stadium improvement budget.
The school board considered using the money for other things within the district, but ultimately voted to put the money toward Shotwell Stadium, where football games and other activities are held. The board does have the power to take back the money at a later date.
A final decision on where the money will stay permanently must be made by the board by next year.
The money came from game and concession revenue.
- Updated 1 dead after 2 vehicles go into water-filled Texas sinkhole
- Iraan grad rounding up support from Texas cheerleaders after deadly bus crash
- Updated Oakland fire death toll at 36, likely to climb as investigation continues
- Prominent Texas personal injury attorney dies week after daughter's suicide
- KTXS Forecast: One last shot of rain today, then much colder air arrives by mid-week
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Ballinger man arrested for ramming multiple patrol cars
- Thousands attend Brownwood Christmas parade