ABILENE, Texas - Abilene ISD's board voted Monday night to put surplus money in the Shotwell Stadium improvement budget.
The school board considered using the money for other things within the district, but ultimately voted to put the money toward Shotwell Stadium, where football games and other activities are held. The board does have the power to take back the money at a later date.
A final decision on where the money will stay permanently must be made by the board by next year.
The money came from game and concession revenue.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend