ABILENE, Texas - A jury on Thursday sentenced 18-year-old Angel Gonzalez to 12 years in prison for an April 2013 string of home invasions.
Gonzalez recently pleaded guilty to aggravated robbery and burglary of a habitation charges.
Gonzalez and three other men allegedly broke into at least three homes. They were accused of holding 10 victims at gunpoint.
He faced five to 99 years in prison. The jury could have also sentenced him to probation.
- Updated Endwell, New York, wins Little League World Series
- Updated College Station police say 2 killed in apartment gunfire
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Lingering rain chances through the week
- Updated Dallas police squelch critics, questions about sniper attack
- Updated Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire