ABILENE, Texas - A jury on Thursday sentenced 18-year-old Angel Gonzalez to 12 years in prison for an April 2013 string of home invasions.
Gonzalez recently pleaded guilty to aggravated robbery and burglary of a habitation charges.
Gonzalez and three other men allegedly broke into at least three homes. They were accused of holding 10 victims at gunpoint.
He faced five to 99 years in prison. The jury could have also sentenced him to probation.
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store