ABILENE, Texas - A jury on Thursday sentenced 18-year-old Angel Gonzalez to 12 years in prison for an April 2013 string of home invasions.
Gonzalez recently pleaded guilty to aggravated robbery and burglary of a habitation charges.
Gonzalez and three other men allegedly broke into at least three homes. They were accused of holding 10 victims at gunpoint.
He faced five to 99 years in prison. The jury could have also sentenced him to probation.
- Abilene police chief posts on social media after 10 morning crashes
- Girl, 8, gets $10K scholarship to University of North Texas after video
- Taylor County woman pleads guilty for injuring her children
- Two-headed rat snake gets new home at Central Texas zoo
- Abilene woman pleads guilty to aggravated ID theft
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget