ABILENE, Texas - A 23-year-old Abilene man was killed late Sunday in a single-vehicle accident in the 6800 block of US Highway 84 (Winter's Freeway).
Daniel Tristan, who wasn't wearing a seat belt, was traveling west in a 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer when the vehicle entered the grass median and overturned multiple times, ejecting him, Abilene police said in a news release Monday.
Justice of the Peace Mike McAuliffe pronounced him dead at the scene, police said.
"It is not known at this time if alcohol was a factor," Abilene Police Department spokesman George Spindler said in the release.
The investigation continues.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account