ABILENE, Texas - A 23-year-old Abilene man was killed late Sunday in a single-vehicle accident in the 6800 block of US Highway 84 (Winter's Freeway).
Daniel Tristan, who wasn't wearing a seat belt, was traveling west in a 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer when the vehicle entered the grass median and overturned multiple times, ejecting him, Abilene police said in a news release Monday.
Justice of the Peace Mike McAuliffe pronounced him dead at the scene, police said.
"It is not known at this time if alcohol was a factor," Abilene Police Department spokesman George Spindler said in the release.
The investigation continues.
- Texas sales tax holiday set for first weekend of August
- 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Boy, 7, finds key, unlocks Texas gun cabinet, shoots self
- Abilenians sought for curbside recycling program, deadline Monday
- Tax rate increase approved by Abilene City Council in first reading