ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested Sunday night for allegedly robbing a convenience store clerk at gunpoint.
According to police, 26-year-old Randy Smith pulled a gun on a BZ Mart convenience store clerk just before 10:30 p.m. Sunday in the 1200 block of Grape Street.
Smith allegedly told the clerk to open the cash register or else he'd shoot.
Officers found Smith a couple of blocks away from the store and said he matched the suspect's description. They said he also had a large amount of cash on him.
As of Monday, Smith remains in the Taylor County Jail on $20,000 bond.
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles welcomed home to Texas
- Updated 2016 rainfall totals exceed normal yearly average in Abilene
- Updated Rival schools lend football gear to Oklahoma team after fire