STANTON, Texas - A 29-year-old Abilene man is dead after a traffic accident in Stanton, according to the Department of Public Safety.
David M. Fruhling was killed in the accident on I-20 between Big Spring and Midland just before 8 p.m. on July 5.
According to DPS, Fruhling was driving a semi-truck when he failed to control his speed and hit another truck. Fruhling was sent into a ditch and his truck overturned.
He was pronounced dead at 8:55 p.m.
The driver of the other truck from California was taken to Midland Memorial Hospital.
- Updated Police: Man charged in Texas mosque threat later apologized
- Updated Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase
- Updated New schools open in Texas town in 2013 fertilizer blast
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk