STANTON, Texas - A 29-year-old Abilene man is dead after a traffic accident in Stanton, according to the Department of Public Safety.
David M. Fruhling was killed in the accident on I-20 between Big Spring and Midland just before 8 p.m. on July 5.
According to DPS, Fruhling was driving a semi-truck when he failed to control his speed and hit another truck. Fruhling was sent into a ditch and his truck overturned.
He was pronounced dead at 8:55 p.m.
The driver of the other truck from California was taken to Midland Memorial Hospital.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS