ABILENE, Texas - A 29-year-old Abilene man who allegedly shot his girlfriend in the shoulder and eventually was found hiding in a south Abilene home has been indicted.
Harman Benitez faces charges of unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon and two counts of aggravated assault.
Benitez was arrested on Saturday, Jan. 25, after he was cornered in a standoff at a home in the 2000 block of Chestnut Street. City bomb and swat teams had been called to the scene.
Benitez allegedly shot his girlfriend in the shoulder around 9:50 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 25, on Beechwood Lane before fleeing and being considered "armed and dangerous" by police.
Afterward, Abilene police made three more arrests in connection to the Beechwood Lane shooting. They were arrested for allegedly helping Benitez elude police.
- Schools showing support on social media for injured Iraan cheerleaders
- Ranger College's Gillispie announces sudden retirement from coaching
- Brown County sisters receive 4th Grammy nomination
- Iraan football team returns to gridiron in wake of tragedy
- Coach's ring brings perspective to Sweetwater's run