ABILENE, Texas - A 29-year-old Abilene man who allegedly shot his girlfriend in the shoulder and eventually was found hiding in a south Abilene home has been indicted.
Harman Benitez faces charges of unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon and two counts of aggravated assault.
Benitez was arrested on Saturday, Jan. 25, after he was cornered in a standoff at a home in the 2000 block of Chestnut Street. City bomb and swat teams had been called to the scene.
Benitez allegedly shot his girlfriend in the shoulder around 9:50 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 25, on Beechwood Lane before fleeing and being considered "armed and dangerous" by police.
Afterward, Abilene police made three more arrests in connection to the Beechwood Lane shooting. They were arrested for allegedly helping Benitez elude police.
- Event to fight hunger in Brown County offering soup, bowls
- Brown County Christian school gets anonymous donation to pay for safety signs
- Brownwood joins several Big Country cities in suspending hikes to energy rates
- Hendrick Surgery Center in Brownwood set to open in May
- Brown County DA getting new software to increase transparency