ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man is in Taylor County Jail for allegedly kidnapping his girlfriend and holding her captive for several days before letting her go.
Police say 30-year-old Rafael Darnell Mathews kidnapped his girlfriend, assaulted her, threatened to kill her and held her hostage for a number of days last week.
Mathews was booked into the Taylor County Jail on aggravated kidnapping and possession charges. His bonds were set at $76,500.
- Brownwood teen accused of killing daughter waives right to jury trial
- Brownwood mayor's State of the City focuses on finances, future projects
- Court finds Brownwood murder suspect competent to stand trial
- Brown County Christian academy wants nearby speed limit reduced
- Brownwood professor talks new pipeline regulations