ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man is in Taylor County Jail for allegedly kidnapping his girlfriend and holding her captive for several days before letting her go.
Police say 30-year-old Rafael Darnell Mathews kidnapped his girlfriend, assaulted her, threatened to kill her and held her hostage for a number of days last week.
Mathews was booked into the Taylor County Jail on aggravated kidnapping and possession charges. His bonds were set at $76,500.
- Updated Police identify victim in west Abilene homicide
- LIVE FBI reopening investigation of Hillary Clinton email server
- Parents charged after toddler dies in Texas house fire
- Wife of Texas teacher charged in 2 deaths accused of tampering
- Police: Texas college student rams squad car while taking topless selfie
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking