ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man is in Taylor County Jail for allegedly kidnapping his girlfriend and holding her captive for several days before letting her go.
Police say 30-year-old Rafael Darnell Mathews kidnapped his girlfriend, assaulted her, threatened to kill her and held her hostage for a number of days last week.
Mathews was booked into the Taylor County Jail on aggravated kidnapping and possession charges. His bonds were set at $76,500.
- Updated Rio Olympics: Is Brazil ready for the 2016 Games?
- Updated Hot air balloon carrying at least 16 people crashes in Texas
- Updated FAA warned of potential for many hot air balloon deaths
- Updated Ex-Texas A&M linebacker, wife killed at their home
- Updated Melissa Valdez: Triple digit temperatures return to the forecast