An Abilene man convicted in an animal cruelty case has been sentenced.
On Friday, 30-year-old Terry Sargent was convicted of felony animal cruelty and sentenced to 90 days in jail, a $500 fine, 120 hours of community service, and probation.
Abilene Police say Sargent was responsible for placing a dog in a kennel with no food or water at a home on Russell Avenue.
The dog starved to death.
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Updated Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon