An Abilene man convicted in an animal cruelty case has been sentenced.
On Friday, 30-year-old Terry Sargent was convicted of felony animal cruelty and sentenced to 90 days in jail, a $500 fine, 120 hours of community service, and probation.
Abilene Police say Sargent was responsible for placing a dog in a kennel with no food or water at a home on Russell Avenue.
The dog starved to death.
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated DPS identifies man killed in Hwy 84 crash near Santa Anna, Coleman
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017