An Abilene man convicted in an animal cruelty case has been sentenced.
On Friday, 30-year-old Terry Sargent was convicted of felony animal cruelty and sentenced to 90 days in jail, a $500 fine, 120 hours of community service, and probation.
Abilene Police say Sargent was responsible for placing a dog in a kennel with no food or water at a home on Russell Avenue.
The dog starved to death.
- 17 children adopted at Taylor County Courthouse on Adoption Day
- Texas spirit: How a fatal wreck brought hundreds of cheerleaders together
- Police: 2 Abilene men face federal charges for filming sexual assault of girl, 12
- Lineup announced for 7th annual Outlaws & Legends Music Festival
- Police need help identifying Abilene theft suspect
- Man, 24, killed in Jones County crash
- Reindeer involved in accident near Sweetwater weeks before Christmas
- Fire chief: 10 pigs killed in Sweetwater ISD ag barn fire
- Ranger College's Gillispie announces sudden retirement from coaching
- Brown County: Man receives 10-year sentence for failing to follow through on internet sale