ABILENE, Texas - A 31-year-old Abilene man has been arrested with continuous sexual abuse of a child under 14.
John Jude Morales is being held in Taylor County Jail on $65,000 bond after allegedly sexually abusing a 13-year-old girl late last year.
Abilene police say they received a call of a 13-year-old girl delivering premature baby that ultimately died. The circumstances seemed suspicious and an investigation was started, police have said.
According to police, Morales was accused of being the father of the infant and of other sexual assaults that took place in the victim's home. DNA results confirmed paternity, police said.
Police say Morales admitted to having sex with the girl on at least three different occasions. The assaults allegedly took place over a 30-day-period, police have said.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash