ABILENE, Texas - A 31-year-old Abilene man has been arrested with continuous sexual abuse of a child under 14.
John Jude Morales is being held in Taylor County Jail on $65,000 bond after allegedly sexually abusing a 13-year-old girl late last year.
Abilene police say they received a call of a 13-year-old girl delivering premature baby that ultimately died. The circumstances seemed suspicious and an investigation was started, police have said.
According to police, Morales was accused of being the father of the infant and of other sexual assaults that took place in the victim's home. DNA results confirmed paternity, police said.
Police say Morales admitted to having sex with the girl on at least three different occasions. The assaults allegedly took place over a 30-day-period, police have said.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated
- Walter murder trial: 'Formality' in sentencing to call Abilene couple back to court Thursday