ABILENE, Texas - A 31-year-old Abilene man has been arrested with continuous sexual abuse of a child under 14.
John Jude Morales is being held in Taylor County Jail on $65,000 bond after allegedly sexually abusing a 13-year-old girl late last year.
Abilene police say they received a call of a 13-year-old girl delivering premature baby that ultimately died. The circumstances seemed suspicious and an investigation was started, police have said.
According to police, Morales was accused of being the father of the infant and of other sexual assaults that took place in the victim's home. DNA results confirmed paternity, police said.
Police say Morales admitted to having sex with the girl on at least three different occasions. The assaults allegedly took place over a 30-day-period, police have said.
- 6 cows killed, deputy hurt in suspected drunk driving crash
- Residents of community near Snyder report not having water since Wednesday
- Texas wife sentenced to prison for killing officer husband
- Kidnapped Border Patrol agent says he feared for family
- 3-year-old boy dies after he's found in hot car in Texas
- State cornhole championship held in Abilene
- 5 car wreck on Winters Freeway, 1 injured
- 24-hour amateur radio field day taking place this weekend
- 2 taken to Abilene hospital after vehicle strikes go-kart
- CityLink addresses driver shortage with pay bump
- Friends of the Library raises over $60,000 at annual Abilene book sale
- Amputee golf tournament taking place at Lake Brownwood
- Owner of Brownwood restaurant and motel disputes $97,000 fine for health violations
- Budget shortfall affecting maintenance at Texas state parks
- Brownwood ISD, emergency agencies conduct response drills
- Early ISD continuing research on proposal to arm teachers, staff
- 4th of July celebrations around the Big Country
- Area's best showcase their stuff in the State Lineman Challenge
- Train derailed by strong winds in Mitchell County
- More than 100 barrels of oil stolen from Nolan County drilling company
- Brownwood battles heat, snags 7-on-7 state spot in duel with Merkel
- Wanted Wednesday: Abilene police looking for 2 capital murder suspects
- Police arrest 2 Abilene men for stealing car, breaking into 'numerous' vehicles in Merkel