ABILENE, Texas - A 31-year-old Abilene man has been arrested with continuous sexual abuse of a child under 14.
John Jude Morales is being held in Taylor County Jail on $65,000 bond after allegedly sexually abusing a 13-year-old girl late last year.
Abilene police say they received a call of a 13-year-old girl delivering premature baby that ultimately died. The circumstances seemed suspicious and an investigation was started, police have said.
According to police, Morales was accused of being the father of the infant and of other sexual assaults that took place in the victim's home. DNA results confirmed paternity, police said.
Police say Morales admitted to having sex with the girl on at least three different occasions. The assaults allegedly took place over a 30-day-period, police have said.
- Updated Police respond to 911 call at home of murdered Abilene real estate agent
- Updated WATCH REPLAY: Nominations for the 89th annual Academy Awards
- Hailey Dunn to be buried 6 years after disappearance
- KTXS Forecast: Elevated wildfire risk, breezy, drier, and warmer
- Meek Blood Center hosts drive in honor of Colorado City veterinarian