ABILENE, Texas - A 31-year-old Abilene man has been arrested with continuous sexual abuse of a child under 14.
John Jude Morales is being held in Taylor County Jail on $65,000 bond after allegedly sexually abusing a 13-year-old girl late last year.
Abilene police say they received a call of a 13-year-old girl delivering premature baby that ultimately died. The circumstances seemed suspicious and an investigation was started, police have said.
According to police, Morales was accused of being the father of the infant and of other sexual assaults that took place in the victim's home. DNA results confirmed paternity, police said.
Police say Morales admitted to having sex with the girl on at least three different occasions. The assaults allegedly took place over a 30-day-period, police have said.
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen