ABILENE, Texas - A 33-year-old Abilene man has been arrested after allegedly throwing a machete at his wife during an argument early Sunday morning.
According to an arrest report, Jason Paul Moore was arrested for second-degree felony aggravated assault after his wife said she feared for her life. The incident was reported about 5:20 a.m. Sunday in the 5200 block of Encino Road.
The report said holes were in the wall, reportedly from where the machete was thrown. In addition, Moore admitted to hitting his head on the walls.
Moore was transported to Taylor County Jail, where his bond was set at $15,000.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated
- Walter murder trial: 'Formality' in sentencing to call Abilene couple back to court Thursday