ABILENE, Texas - After a Friday night shooting at an Abilene apartment complex, police have arrested 38-year-old Clifford C. Cook Jr.
On Saturday morning, the Abilene Police Department released a statement that said Cook was arrested in the shooting after being found by the SWAT unit at the 1900 block of Denton Street.
The shooting happened about 8:30 p.m. at the Riviera Apartments in the 3000 block of North 6th Street.
Witnesses on the scene said the victim was a young teen who was playing outside.
Cook was charged with first-degree felony injury to a child, third-degree felony possession of firearm by felon and misdemeanor possession of marijuana. His bonds totaled $96,000.
After being taken in a private car to a hospital, the boy was treated and released.
- KTXS Forecast: Wintry mix possible along with frigid temperatures
- Abilene veterans recognize 75th anniversary of Pearl Harbor attack
- Wanted Wednesday: Abilene police looking for 4 suspects
- CityLink campaign assists Food Bank of West Central Texas
- Abilene police seek woman for fraudulently using credit card
- Schools showing support on social media for injured Iraan cheerleaders
- Ranger College's Gillispie announces sudden retirement from coaching
- Brown County sisters receive 4th Grammy nomination
- Iraan football team returns to gridiron in wake of tragedy
- Coach's ring brings perspective to Sweetwater's run