ABILENE, Texas - After a Friday night shooting at an Abilene apartment complex, police have arrested 38-year-old Clifford C. Cook Jr.
On Saturday morning, the Abilene Police Department released a statement that said Cook was arrested in the shooting after being found by the SWAT unit at the 1900 block of Denton Street.
The shooting happened about 8:30 p.m. at the Riviera Apartments in the 3000 block of North 6th Street.
Witnesses on the scene said the victim was a young teen who was playing outside.
Cook was charged with first-degree felony injury to a child, third-degree felony possession of firearm by felon and misdemeanor possession of marijuana. His bonds totaled $96,000.
After being taken in a private car to a hospital, the boy was treated and released.
- Event to fight hunger in Brown County offering soup, bowls
- Brown County Christian school gets anonymous donation to pay for safety signs
- Brownwood joins several Big Country cities in suspending hikes to energy rates
- Hendrick Surgery Center in Brownwood set to open in May
- Brown County DA getting new software to increase transparency