ABILENE, Texas - After a Friday night shooting at an Abilene apartment complex, police have arrested 38-year-old Clifford C. Cook Jr.
On Saturday morning, the Abilene Police Department released a statement that said Cook was arrested in the shooting after being found by the SWAT unit at the 1900 block of Denton Street.
The shooting happened about 8:30 p.m. at the Riviera Apartments in the 3000 block of North 6th Street.
Witnesses on the scene said the victim was a young teen who was playing outside.
Cook was charged with first-degree felony injury to a child, third-degree felony possession of firearm by felon and misdemeanor possession of marijuana. His bonds totaled $96,000.
After being taken in a private car to a hospital, the boy was treated and released.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated