ABILENE, Texas - A 39-year-old man who fled from police in January has been indicted for assaulting a police officer.
A grand jury charged Raymond Guy Richards with aggravated assault of a public servant and assault of a public servant.
Richards allegedly was trying to flee from an officer on Danville Drive on Jan. 18. Police say he used his vehicle as a weapon against the officer to try and get away.
The arresting officer, Jessica Watkins, suffered minor scrapes and bruises.
Richards was booked into the Taylor County Jail a few days after the incident.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated
- Walter murder trial: 'Formality' in sentencing to call Abilene couple back to court Thursday