ABILENE, Texas - A 39-year-old man who fled from police in January has been indicted for assaulting a police officer.
A grand jury charged Raymond Guy Richards with aggravated assault of a public servant and assault of a public servant.
Richards allegedly was trying to flee from an officer on Danville Drive on Jan. 18. Police say he used his vehicle as a weapon against the officer to try and get away.
The arresting officer, Jessica Watkins, suffered minor scrapes and bruises.
Richards was booked into the Taylor County Jail a few days after the incident.
- Abilene's public radio station could face cuts under new budget
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 2 escape from south Abilene house fire
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student