ABILENE, Texas - A 39-year-old man who fled from police in January has been indicted for assaulting a police officer.
A grand jury charged Raymond Guy Richards with aggravated assault of a public servant and assault of a public servant.
Richards allegedly was trying to flee from an officer on Danville Drive on Jan. 18. Police say he used his vehicle as a weapon against the officer to try and get away.
The arresting officer, Jessica Watkins, suffered minor scrapes and bruises.
Richards was booked into the Taylor County Jail a few days after the incident.
- Updated Photo of Abilene veteran and his service dog goes viral
- Updated Justin Ross Harris sentenced to life for son's hot-car death
- 1 dead after 2 vehicles go into water-filled Texas sinkhole
- Iraan grad rounding up support from Texas cheerleaders after deadly bus crash
- Oakland fire death toll at 36, likely to climb as investigation continues
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Ballinger man arrested for ramming multiple patrol cars
- Thousands attend Brownwood Christmas parade