ABILENE, Texas - A 39-year-old man who fled from police in January has been indicted for assaulting a police officer.
A grand jury charged Raymond Guy Richards with aggravated assault of a public servant and assault of a public servant.
Richards allegedly was trying to flee from an officer on Danville Drive on Jan. 18. Police say he used his vehicle as a weapon against the officer to try and get away.
The arresting officer, Jessica Watkins, suffered minor scrapes and bruises.
Richards was booked into the Taylor County Jail a few days after the incident.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Updated Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS