ABILENE, Texas - A 39-year-old man who fled from police in January has been indicted for assaulting a police officer.
A grand jury charged Raymond Guy Richards with aggravated assault of a public servant and assault of a public servant.
Richards allegedly was trying to flee from an officer on Danville Drive on Jan. 18. Police say he used his vehicle as a weapon against the officer to try and get away.
The arresting officer, Jessica Watkins, suffered minor scrapes and bruises.
Richards was booked into the Taylor County Jail a few days after the incident.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget