ABILENE, Texas - A 65-year-old Abilene man died Tuesday in a head-on collision on U.S. Highway 385 in Castro County, roughly about five miles south of Hereford.
Larry Mack Condra was killed when the 2010 Chevrolet Suburban he was driving crossed the center line and was struck by a 2004 Freightliner driven by Octavaino Cortinaz, 53, of Lubbock, according to the Texas Department of Public Safety.
Condra's vehicle was traveling north on U.S Highway 385, while Cortinaz was driving south in the Freightliner, which was towing a 1999 Walker trailer, a DPS release said.
The accident reportedly occurred about 2:40 p.m. Tuesday.
Condra's body was taken to Colonial Funeral Home in Dimmitt.
Cortinaz was taken to Hereford Regional Medical Center, where he was treated and released, DPS said.
- Security guard fatally shot at Central Texas Subway sandwich shop
- Drive-by shooter targets police substation in Dallas
- Emmy-winning actor and Fort Worth native Bill Paxton, 61, dies from surgery complications
- KTXS Forecast: Breezy and sunny days ahead, a cool down on the way
- Joseph Wapner, star of 'The People's Court,' dead at 97
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash