ABILENE, Texas - A 65-year-old Abilene man died Tuesday in a head-on collision on U.S. Highway 385 in Castro County, roughly about five miles south of Hereford.
Larry Mack Condra was killed when the 2010 Chevrolet Suburban he was driving crossed the center line and was struck by a 2004 Freightliner driven by Octavaino Cortinaz, 53, of Lubbock, according to the Texas Department of Public Safety.
Condra's vehicle was traveling north on U.S Highway 385, while Cortinaz was driving south in the Freightliner, which was towing a 1999 Walker trailer, a DPS release said.
The accident reportedly occurred about 2:40 p.m. Tuesday.
Condra's body was taken to Colonial Funeral Home in Dimmitt.
Cortinaz was taken to Hereford Regional Medical Center, where he was treated and released, DPS said.
- Updated Police: Man now faces murder charge in Big Spring after woman, 64, dies
- Abilene police chief posts on social media after 10 morning crashes
- Girl, 8, gets $10K scholarship to University of North Texas after video
- Taylor County woman pleads guilty for injuring her children
- Two-headed rat snake gets new home at Central Texas zoo
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget