ABILENE, Texas - A 65-year-old Abilene man died Tuesday in a head-on collision on U.S. Highway 385 in Castro County, roughly about five miles south of Hereford.
Larry Mack Condra was killed when the 2010 Chevrolet Suburban he was driving crossed the center line and was struck by a 2004 Freightliner driven by Octavaino Cortinaz, 53, of Lubbock, according to the Texas Department of Public Safety.
Condra's vehicle was traveling north on U.S Highway 385, while Cortinaz was driving south in the Freightliner, which was towing a 1999 Walker trailer, a DPS release said.
The accident reportedly occurred about 2:40 p.m. Tuesday.
Condra's body was taken to Colonial Funeral Home in Dimmitt.
Cortinaz was taken to Hereford Regional Medical Center, where he was treated and released, DPS said.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated