ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man faces an aggravated assault charge after he allegedly used a baseball bat to beat up another man.
According to police, 23-year-old Abel Alcala was involved in a fight at his home in the 1300 block of Westmoreland Street around 2 a.m. Saturday.
When police arrived on scene, a man told officers Alcala had struck him on the leg and thigh with a bat. Two witnesses also identified Alcala as the suspect.
Alcala is charged with second degree felony aggravated assault. He posted his $15,000 bond within 24 hours of his arrest.
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck