ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man faces an aggravated assault charge after he allegedly used a baseball bat to beat up another man.
According to police, 23-year-old Abel Alcala was involved in a fight at his home in the 1300 block of Westmoreland Street around 2 a.m. Saturday.
When police arrived on scene, a man told officers Alcala had struck him on the leg and thigh with a bat. Two witnesses also identified Alcala as the suspect.
Alcala is charged with second degree felony aggravated assault. He posted his $15,000 bond within 24 hours of his arrest.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated