ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man faces an aggravated assault charge after he allegedly used a baseball bat to beat up another man.
According to police, 23-year-old Abel Alcala was involved in a fight at his home in the 1300 block of Westmoreland Street around 2 a.m. Saturday.
When police arrived on scene, a man told officers Alcala had struck him on the leg and thigh with a bat. Two witnesses also identified Alcala as the suspect.
Alcala is charged with second degree felony aggravated assault. He posted his $15,000 bond within 24 hours of his arrest.
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles welcomed home to Texas
- Updated 2016 rainfall totals exceed normal yearly average in Abilene
- Updated Rival schools lend football gear to Oklahoma team after fire