ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested Friday after police said they caught him with several grams of marijuana.
According to an arrest report, Robert Spells, 31, was pulled over while driving near North 13th and Grape streets Friday. Police said a K-9 alerted on the vehicle and they allegedly found two marijuana cigarettes and two bags of marijuana weighing about 32 grams.
Officers said Spells admitted the drugs belonged to him. He was booked into the Taylor County Jail and bonded out Saturday.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer