ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man faces several criminal charges after allegedly attempting to drive away from police with his unbuckled toddler in the car.
According to police, 24-year-old John Ford drove recklessly through neighborhoods to avoid being pulled over just before midnight Thursday. Police caught up with him on North 20th Street and realized he had a warrant for his arrest for driving without a valid license.
Officers said he did not have a license when he was pulled over and admitted the open beer container in his car belonged to him. According to police, his 2-year-old son was riding in the backseat without a child restraint.
Along with his driving without a valid license warrant, he is charged with violating child restraint law, not having a driver's license and having an open container. He was booked into the Taylor County Jail on $1,065 total bond. He posted bail Friday.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot