ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested Friday night for allegedly driving drunk with two children in the car.
According to a police report, 27-year-old Avel Garcia was initially pulled over in a traffic stop for allegedly driving 70 miles per hour in a 45 mph zone on South 14th Street. A police officer noted a 5 and 7-year-old were in the car with him along with 18.5 grams of marijuana, a pipe, an open whiskey bottle and a flask.
After Garcia submitted to a breathalyzer test, the arresting officer said Garcia's breath specimen was about two times the legal limit.
He is charged with state jail felony driving while intoxicated with child passenger and open container; and class B possession of marijuana. He bonded out of jail within 24 hours of his arrest.
- Updated Abilene police make urgent request for help finding missing elderly woman
- Updated Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, warmer weather & sunny skies expected
- Updated Rescue network brings adoptable dogs from Texas to Minnesota
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field
- Brownwood man sentenced to 25 years for role in prison gang drug ring