ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested Friday night for allegedly driving drunk with two children in the car.
According to a police report, 27-year-old Avel Garcia was initially pulled over in a traffic stop for allegedly driving 70 miles per hour in a 45 mph zone on South 14th Street. A police officer noted a 5 and 7-year-old were in the car with him along with 18.5 grams of marijuana, a pipe, an open whiskey bottle and a flask.
After Garcia submitted to a breathalyzer test, the arresting officer said Garcia's breath specimen was about two times the legal limit.
He is charged with state jail felony driving while intoxicated with child passenger and open container; and class B possession of marijuana. He bonded out of jail within 24 hours of his arrest.
- Updated Man on Texas death row for killing 2 loses appeal
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Updated Teacher fired in West Texas after Internet post hired by another district
- Police ID West Texas man who died while hiking
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon