ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested Friday night for allegedly driving drunk with two children in the car.
According to a police report, 27-year-old Avel Garcia was initially pulled over in a traffic stop for allegedly driving 70 miles per hour in a 45 mph zone on South 14th Street. A police officer noted a 5 and 7-year-old were in the car with him along with 18.5 grams of marijuana, a pipe, an open whiskey bottle and a flask.
After Garcia submitted to a breathalyzer test, the arresting officer said Garcia's breath specimen was about two times the legal limit.
He is charged with state jail felony driving while intoxicated with child passenger and open container; and class B possession of marijuana. He bonded out of jail within 24 hours of his arrest.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated