ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police used pepper spray on a man who was caught with several outstanding warrants and allegedly resisted arrest.
According to an arrest report, officers were called to South 27th Street just after midnight in reference to a "suspicious person." Police talked to 23-year-old Matthew Curchill and realized he had outstanding warrants for seven offenses, including three burglary and two theft charges.
Officers said they also realized he had methamphetamine with him. When they tried to put him in the back of a patrol car to take him to jail, Churchill allegedly resisted and was pepper sprayed.
As of Sunday, he remains in the Taylor County Jail and faces $34,706.50 in total bonds.
- Updated Abilene murder suspect captured in Arlington
- Trump makes unusual swing through Texas
- Texas fines testing vendor $5.7M, demands $15M in upgrades
- Too much homework? Not in this Texas classroom. None at all. None all year
- Abilene police seeking suspect who drove girlfriend to Tuscola, assaulted her