ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested Friday for allegedly robbing another man at gunpoint under the pretense he wanted the victim's marijuana.
According to police, 18-year-old Michael Green allegedly pointed a loaded handgun at the victim, claimed he was robbing him for his marijuana, in the 450 block of Lancaster Drive.
Green allegedly confessed to taking more than $300 in cash from the victim but denied taking any marijuana.
He is charged with first degree felony aggravated robbery and, as of Sunday, is in the Taylor County Jail on $75,000 bond.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash