ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested Friday for allegedly robbing another man at gunpoint under the pretense he wanted the victim's marijuana.
According to police, 18-year-old Michael Green allegedly pointed a loaded handgun at the victim, claimed he was robbing him for his marijuana, in the 450 block of Lancaster Drive.
Green allegedly confessed to taking more than $300 in cash from the victim but denied taking any marijuana.
He is charged with first degree felony aggravated robbery and, as of Sunday, is in the Taylor County Jail on $75,000 bond.
- South Abilene Chik-fil-A closing for renovations
- Teen driving on Winters Freeway falls asleep, truck flips, lands upside down
- McMurry University set to demolish student art gallery
- Abilene woman advocates for HIV testing after losing brother to AIDS
- ACU football player accused of sexually assaulting intoxicated woman at party
- Thousands of painkillers missing from south Abilene pharmacy
- Brown County zoo owner blames high taxes as reason for shut down
- Bond reduction hearing rescheduled for Brownwood homicide suspect
- Ranger College to address 'misinformation' about tax referendum
- Brown County to allow fireworks on the 4th despite burn ban
- Former Brownwood High School coach indicted for having sex with student
- Brownwood council members to vote on denying electric rate hikes
- Court declines to review Snyder man's murder conviction because of long petition
- Train derailment: Whipped cream melts into creek near Colorado City, results in fish kill
- Whipped dairy topping causes fishkill in creek near Colorado City
- Taylor County urges ‘extreme caution' with fireworks on the 4th
- Taylor County firework stands open, officials offer tips for firework safety
- Residents of community near Snyder report not having water since Wednesday