ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested Friday for allegedly stealing $3,500 of tires and rims from a local pawn shop.
According to an arrest report, 54-year-old Guadalupe Alcantar Jr. allegedly stole four tires and their rims from an outdoor display at the Wild Bill's Pawn Shop located on Ambler Avenue.
Alcantar was detained after leaving the parking lot and employees recovered the property; however, he allegedly fled on foot. Police eventually caught up with him on Grape Street and arrested him.
He's charged with state jail felony theft and, as of Sunday, remains in the Taylor County Jail on $8,000 bond.
- Updated Police shoot 'active shooter' at Texas strip mall, 'several' taken to hospital
- Golfing great Arnold Palmer dead at 87
- Police find missing girl, make 3 arrests in triple California killing
- Murder-suicide suspected in deaths of Texas councilman, wife
- KTXS Forecast: Rain chances ending on this Monday