ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested Friday for allegedly stealing $3,500 of tires and rims from a local pawn shop.
According to an arrest report, 54-year-old Guadalupe Alcantar Jr. allegedly stole four tires and their rims from an outdoor display at the Wild Bill's Pawn Shop located on Ambler Avenue.
Alcantar was detained after leaving the parking lot and employees recovered the property; however, he allegedly fled on foot. Police eventually caught up with him on Grape Street and arrested him.
He's charged with state jail felony theft and, as of Sunday, remains in the Taylor County Jail on $8,000 bond.
- Updated Convicted man on Texas Most Wanted sex offender list caught
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Associated Press releases it's Texas high school football rankings for Week 1
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase