ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested Friday for allegedly stealing $3,500 of tires and rims from a local pawn shop.
According to an arrest report, 54-year-old Guadalupe Alcantar Jr. allegedly stole four tires and their rims from an outdoor display at the Wild Bill's Pawn Shop located on Ambler Avenue.
Alcantar was detained after leaving the parking lot and employees recovered the property; however, he allegedly fled on foot. Police eventually caught up with him on Grape Street and arrested him.
He's charged with state jail felony theft and, as of Sunday, remains in the Taylor County Jail on $8,000 bond.
- Updated 'Emergency contract' awarded to build new bridge on Hwy 6 at Lake Cisco
- Updated Texas detective fired for mishandling child abuse cases
- Updated American Airlines plane lands safely despite engine flames
- Updated Texan fatally shot girlfriend, her friend, his son, 3, self
- Updated Police: Man robs New York City bank in ball gown, heels