ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested Monday for allegedly telling police he traded drugs for a stolen car.
Clifton Peterson, 37, was arrested on North 5th Street just before 10 p.m. after police say they saw him driving the stolen car and then found him hiding in the closet of a nearby apartment.
The arresting officer filled out an arrest report which stated Peterson was read his rights and then claimed he traded seven rocks of cocaine for the car. Less than a gram of cocaine was allegedly found in the car.
He was booked into the Taylor County Jail for state jail felony theft of a motor vehicle and state jail felony possession of a controlled substance (cocaine). As of Tuesday, he remains jailed with total bail set at $7,000.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot