ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was charged with aggravated assault Friday after he allegedly threatened to kill his entire family.
According to police, 62-year-old Kenneth Patterson had a machete within reach when officers were called to his home on Teresa Lane just before midnight Friday.
One of Patterson's family members told police Patterson had been swinging the machete around and said he was going to kill everyone in the house, including the children.
Patterson is charged with second-degree felony aggravated assault and, as of Sunday, was in the Taylor County Jail on $10,000 bond.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 7 tornadoes reported Tuesday in Big Country
- DPS identifies 2 killed, 1 injured in Jones County rollover crash
- Exclusive video: Knox County tornado
- 'Witness' in Hamlin murder confesses to deadly shooting
- Tornadoes, hail, flooding: Tuesday's severe storms caught on camera