ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was charged with aggravated assault Friday after he allegedly threatened to kill his entire family.
According to police, 62-year-old Kenneth Patterson had a machete within reach when officers were called to his home on Teresa Lane just before midnight Friday.
One of Patterson's family members told police Patterson had been swinging the machete around and said he was going to kill everyone in the house, including the children.
Patterson is charged with second-degree felony aggravated assault and, as of Sunday, was in the Taylor County Jail on $10,000 bond.
- Updated Abilene murder suspect captured in Arlington
- Trump makes unusual swing through Texas
- Texas fines testing vendor $5.7M, demands $15M in upgrades
- Too much homework? Not in this Texas classroom. None at all. None all year
- Abilene police seeking suspect who drove girlfriend to Tuscola, assaulted her