ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man allegedly tried to pay off a police officer after assaulting a woman at his home on Kirkwood Street Thursday night.
According to police, 25-year-old Jerron Hudnell hit the woman's several times and choked her. Officers said she suffered various injuries.
Once arrested and seated inside a patrol car, Hudnell allegedly offered an officer $50 to let him go.
Hudnell is charged with third degree felony assault and second degree felony bribery. As of Saturday, he is in the Taylor County Jail on $50,000 total bond.
- Big Country 100 Men Who Care gives away another $10,000
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting