ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested Thursday for allegedly trying to return an item to a store even though he had not paid for it.
Nathaniell Moreno, 25, was arrested at the Walmart Supercenter on Southwest Drive. According to a police report, he allegedly removed an item from a shelf and tried to return it. Employees denied the return and Moreno allegedly exited and passed all points of sale.
He was detained in the parking lot and searched. Police said the item was recovered and they also discovered he had marijuana on him. He was booked into the Taylor County Jail on class B theft and possession of marijuana charges.
- Updated Abilene Fire Department working house fire on Graham Street
- Updated Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Updated Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Updated Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death