ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested Thursday for allegedly trying to return an item to a store even though he had not paid for it.
Nathaniell Moreno, 25, was arrested at the Walmart Supercenter on Southwest Drive. According to a police report, he allegedly removed an item from a shelf and tried to return it. Employees denied the return and Moreno allegedly exited and passed all points of sale.
He was detained in the parking lot and searched. Police said the item was recovered and they also discovered he had marijuana on him. He was booked into the Taylor County Jail on class B theft and possession of marijuana charges.
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash