ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man is charged with burglary after he was allegedly caught pawning items he stole from a woman's north side home.
According to an arrest report, 38-year-old Derrick Styles was arrested at a pawn shop on South 1st Street Monday. He allegedly broke into the victim's home on North 18th Street through a locked door and took several items—including a stun gun and a pocket knife.
Officers said a neighbor gave them a description and the shoes he was wearing at the pawn shop matched a print at the victim's home.
As of Thursday, he remains in the Taylor County Jail with bail set at $10,000.
- Updated City of Abilene addresses high water bills
- Updated Agency shakeup: 4 regional CPS directors fired, including director of Abilene region
- Updated Abilene police officer murdered one year ago
- Updated Black Texas woman sues after being thrown down amid arrest
- Updated Leaders hold special meeting after 10-year-old girl's gruesome death