ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man is charged with burglary after he was allegedly caught pawning items he stole from a woman's north side home.
According to an arrest report, 38-year-old Derrick Styles was arrested at a pawn shop on South 1st Street Monday. He allegedly broke into the victim's home on North 18th Street through a locked door and took several items—including a stun gun and a pocket knife.
Officers said a neighbor gave them a description and the shoes he was wearing at the pawn shop matched a print at the victim's home.
As of Thursday, he remains in the Taylor County Jail with bail set at $10,000.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Updated Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth