ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man is charged with burglary after he was allegedly caught pawning items he stole from a woman's north side home.
According to an arrest report, 38-year-old Derrick Styles was arrested at a pawn shop on South 1st Street Monday. He allegedly broke into the victim's home on North 18th Street through a locked door and took several items—including a stun gun and a pocket knife.
Officers said a neighbor gave them a description and the shoes he was wearing at the pawn shop matched a print at the victim's home.
As of Thursday, he remains in the Taylor County Jail with bail set at $10,000.
- Updated Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Updated Abilene man, 20, taken to hospital after motorcycle broadsides car
- Updated Leaders approve $105M renovation plan for Houston Astrodome
- Condemned Fort Worth killer of 2 gets January death date
- Children subject of Amber Alert found dead, mother arrested
- Fugitive Monday: Man, 27, wanted by Abilene police for parole violation
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Abilene man fires shot during fight with roommate
- Texas Roadhouse in Abilene donating to non-profit for cancer patients
- Man pleads guilty in connection with brutal 2014 Abilene murder, sentenced to life
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- Low enrollment causing Brookesmith ISD to look into restructuring