ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested Friday night after he allegedly ran away from police when he was caught trying to steal a car.
According to an arrest report, officers saw 24-year-old John Callaway looking into cars on Corsicana Avenue and Cicily Lane around 8:10 p.m. Friday. Officers said Callaway was later found sitting inside a car near the 2300 block of Cicily Lane.
When officers approached Callaway, he allegedly got out of the car and ran away—jumping fences as he ran. Officers eventually caught up with him and arrested him.
As of Sunday, Callaway is in the Taylor County Jail on $4,000 total bond for class A evading arrest and class A attempted theft of a motor vehicle.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- KTXS Forecast: Warm & windy weather brings enhanced fire danger