ABILENE, Texas - A man and woman are charged with aggravated robbery for allegedly choking and holding a man at gunpoint at an Abilene home.
Misty Bethel, 37, and Charles Hukill, 26, were arrested around 3:30 p.m. Thursday at the Taylor County Law Enforcement Center. The victim claimed he was robbed at Bethel's home in the 2500 block of Roundtree Drive.
One of the suspects allegedly pointed a sawed off shotgun at him while another kept him in a choke hold. They also allegedly took his phone and money.
During his interview with police, Hukill allegedly said he was not at the scene and did not know anything about the robbery. During her interview, Bethel allegedly told police the money was for her boys.
As of Saturday, Bethel is in the Taylor County Jail on $36,000 total bond for first degree felony aggravated robbery and driving while intoxicated. Hukill is jailed on $38,000 total bond for first degree felony aggravated robbery and criminal mischief.
- Updated Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Abilene Fire Department working house fire on Graham Street
- Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital