ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man and woman were arrested Thursday in connection to two home burglaries and drug possession.
Officers said they were investigating the burglaries when they found 26-year-old Daven Mallard's car parked at 28-year-old Brittany Haynes's home in the 1300 block of South Jefferson Drive.
According to police, Mallard's car matched the description of the vehicle involved in the burglaries. Mallard and Haynes consented to a search of the home and police said they found $3,500 in stolen property in Haynes's bedroom along with four grams of cocaine and scales.
Police said Mallard admitted to bringing the property into the home and Haynes allegedly knew the property was stolen.
Mallard is charged with two counts of burglary and manufacture or delivery of cocaine. He is in the Taylor County Jail on bond totaling $120,000.
Haynes is charged with theft and manufacture or delivery of cocaine. She posted bail Saturday.
- Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017