ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man and woman were arrested Thursday in connection to two home burglaries and drug possession.
Officers said they were investigating the burglaries when they found 26-year-old Daven Mallard's car parked at 28-year-old Brittany Haynes's home in the 1300 block of South Jefferson Drive.
According to police, Mallard's car matched the description of the vehicle involved in the burglaries. Mallard and Haynes consented to a search of the home and police said they found $3,500 in stolen property in Haynes's bedroom along with four grams of cocaine and scales.
Police said Mallard admitted to bringing the property into the home and Haynes allegedly knew the property was stolen.
Mallard is charged with two counts of burglary and manufacture or delivery of cocaine. He is in the Taylor County Jail on bond totaling $120,000.
Haynes is charged with theft and manufacture or delivery of cocaine. She posted bail Saturday.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer