ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested Tuesday after leading police on a chase near Pine Street.
According to the arrest report, Charlie Flye, was contacted by police as a person of interest in a burglary of a habitation investigation. After police arrived, Flye consented to a search. During the course of the search, he took off running, leaving his personal items.
According to police, Flye was ordered to stop multiple times by three different officers. Flye continued running and jumped off the balcony of a second story landing. Police followed him through an alley and parking garage. Flye was finally taken into custody on Walnut Street.
Flye was booked in the Taylor County Jail on a $20,000 bond. He has since made bail and been released.
- Updated Abilene murder suspect captured in Arlington
- Trump makes unusual swing through Texas
- Texas fines testing vendor $5.7M, demands $15M in upgrades
- Too much homework? Not in this Texas classroom. None at all. None all year
- Abilene police seeking suspect who drove girlfriend to Tuscola, assaulted her