ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested Saturday for allegedly possessing more than 50 grams of drugs and an outstanding warrant for drug possession.
According to police, 23-year-old Eliseo Reyna was contacted on a traffic stop for an inoperable light in the 1000 block of Graham Street. Officers recognized he had a warrant for a motion to revoke a third degree felony methamphetamine possession charge.
When Reyna stepped out of the car to be handcuffed, a few grams of marijuana and methamphetamine allegedly fell out of his pocket.
Officers searched his vehicle and allegedly found 47.2 grams of methamphetamine and 4.9 grams of marijuana. Police also reported finding packaging materials, digital scales and more than $2,500 in cash.
Reyna faces several drug charges. As of Sunday, Reyna is in the Taylor County Jail on bond totaling $47,750.
- Updated Agency shakeup: 4 regional CPS directors fired, including director of Abilene region
- Updated City of Abilene addresses high water bills
- Updated Abilene police officer murdered one year ago
- Updated Black Texas woman sues after being thrown down amid arrest
- Updated Leaders hold special meeting after 10-year-old girl's gruesome death