ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested at Hendrick Medical Center Monday morning after security found him walking around the parking lot intoxicated.
According to the report, Ricky Dean Randell, 48, left HMC against advice from medical staff. Security caught him urinating in public and once officers arrived, Randell was deemed intoxicated and a danger to himself and others.
While officers transported Randell to jail, he reportedly hit his head on the cage and cut his head open. Randell was treated for his injury and booked in the Taylor County Jail.
Randell was charged with a class C misdemeanor for public intoxication. He has since been released on a $105 bond.
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Gun and knife show returns to Abilene this weekend
- Big Country man recognized with award for act of heroism
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- DPS identifies 2 arrested after high-speed chase on I-20
- Jury sentences Ranger man to 99 years in prison for mid-2016 murder
- Man jailed in Callahan County after chase, stolen truck crashes into DPS unit