ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested at Hendrick Medical Center Monday morning after security found him walking around the parking lot intoxicated.
According to the report, Ricky Dean Randell, 48, left HMC against advice from medical staff. Security caught him urinating in public and once officers arrived, Randell was deemed intoxicated and a danger to himself and others.
While officers transported Randell to jail, he reportedly hit his head on the cage and cut his head open. Randell was treated for his injury and booked in the Taylor County Jail.
Randell was charged with a class C misdemeanor for public intoxication. He has since been released on a $105 bond.
- Teenage suspect arrested in Hamlin murder; 2nd suspect wanted
- Updated Abilene police ask for help identifying man who robbed 2 convenience stores
- House fires fought in north, south Abilene
- Big Country 15-year-old sells steer for $345,000
- 2nd Vernon College rodeo team member dies 8 days after Haskell County crash; 3rd death total
- Brownwood college rodeo raising funds for families of deceased Vernon College students
- Brownwood teen gets 50 years in prison for murdering parents
- Sears Hometown in Early to remain open despite company's woes
- Scoreboard at Gordon Wood Stadium in Brownwood to be replaced
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities