ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested at Hendrick Medical Center Monday morning after security found him walking around the parking lot intoxicated.
According to the report, Ricky Dean Randell, 48, left HMC against advice from medical staff. Security caught him urinating in public and once officers arrived, Randell was deemed intoxicated and a danger to himself and others.
While officers transported Randell to jail, he reportedly hit his head on the cage and cut his head open. Randell was treated for his injury and booked in the Taylor County Jail.
Randell was charged with a class C misdemeanor for public intoxication. He has since been released on a $105 bond.
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- KTXS Forecast: Afternoon stray t-shower possible for West-Central Texas
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event