ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested at Hendrick Medical Center Monday morning after security found him walking around the parking lot intoxicated.
According to the report, Ricky Dean Randell, 48, left HMC against advice from medical staff. Security caught him urinating in public and once officers arrived, Randell was deemed intoxicated and a danger to himself and others.
While officers transported Randell to jail, he reportedly hit his head on the cage and cut his head open. Randell was treated for his injury and booked in the Taylor County Jail.
Randell was charged with a class C misdemeanor for public intoxication. He has since been released on a $105 bond.
- 17 children adopted at Taylor County Courthouse on Adoption Day
- Texas spirit: How a fatal wreck brought hundreds of cheerleaders together
- Police: 2 Abilene men face federal charges for filming sexual assault of girl, 12
- Lineup announced for 7th annual Outlaws & Legends Music Festival
- Police need help identifying Abilene theft suspect
- Man, 24, killed in Jones County crash
- Reindeer involved in accident near Sweetwater weeks before Christmas
- Fire chief: 10 pigs killed in Sweetwater ISD ag barn fire
- Ranger College's Gillispie announces sudden retirement from coaching
- Brown County: Man receives 10-year sentence for failing to follow through on internet sale