ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested Friday for allegedly stealing alcohol from a convenience store and assaulting an employee in the process.
According to an arrest report, police allegeldy caught 20-year-old Armando Carmona running down South 3rd and Amarillo Streets Friday and the victim recognized him as the robber.
The victim, who works at the Allsup's convenience store on South 1st Street, was transported to a local hospital for her injuries.
As of Saturday, Carmona remains in the Taylor County Jail on a second degree felony robbery charge with bail set at $15,000.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, making way for warmer weather and sunny skies