ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested Monday for drug possession near a former Abilene ISD elementary school.
According to the police report, John Phillip Borrego, 70, of Abilene was arrested Monday and charged with possession in a drug-free zone.
The APD Special Operations Division obtained a search warrant for his house and found methamphetamine along with scales and packaging material.
Borrego was within 1,000 feet of the old Fannin Elementary School, which has a playground still open to the public.
Borrego was released Monday after posting bail. His bond had been set at $8,000.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account