ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested Monday for drug possession near a former Abilene ISD elementary school.
According to the police report, John Phillip Borrego, 70, of Abilene was arrested Monday and charged with possession in a drug-free zone.
The APD Special Operations Division obtained a search warrant for his house and found methamphetamine along with scales and packaging material.
Borrego was within 1,000 feet of the old Fannin Elementary School, which has a playground still open to the public.
Borrego was released Monday after posting bail. His bond had been set at $8,000.
- Updated Redevelopment for West Texas Hilton hotel opened in 1929
- Updated Video of black Texas woman thrown to ground sparks review
- Updated Police: McDonald's worker in Texas fired for refusing officer service
- Updated Police save Texas robbery suspect from burning car after chase
- Updated Building partially collapses in Hamlin