ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested Monday for drug possession near a former Abilene ISD elementary school.
According to the police report, John Phillip Borrego, 70, of Abilene was arrested Monday and charged with possession in a drug-free zone.
The APD Special Operations Division obtained a search warrant for his house and found methamphetamine along with scales and packaging material.
Borrego was within 1,000 feet of the old Fannin Elementary School, which has a playground still open to the public.
Borrego was released Monday after posting bail. His bond had been set at $8,000.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated