ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested Monday for drug possession near a former Abilene ISD elementary school.
According to the police report, John Phillip Borrego, 70, of Abilene was arrested Monday and charged with possession in a drug-free zone.
The APD Special Operations Division obtained a search warrant for his house and found methamphetamine along with scales and packaging material.
Borrego was within 1,000 feet of the old Fannin Elementary School, which has a playground still open to the public.
Borrego was released Monday after posting bail. His bond had been set at $8,000.
- Interstate 20 bridge construction may impact businesses
- AISD announces principal change at Abilene High School
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities
- Abilene man, 29, arrested on robbery charges
- Colorado City correctional facility facing closure under proposed budget
- Fundraising continues for families of victims in deadly Haskell County crash
- Liquor store owner wants Abilene City Council to extend alcohol sales
- Taylor County board meets for first time since commissioner's arrest
- TxDOT paying for school zone sign near Victory Life Academy
- Brown County zookeeper wants rollback of ban on exotic animals