ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested Monday for drug possession near a former Abilene ISD elementary school.
According to the police report, John Phillip Borrego, 70, of Abilene was arrested Monday and charged with possession in a drug-free zone.
The APD Special Operations Division obtained a search warrant for his house and found methamphetamine along with scales and packaging material.
Borrego was within 1,000 feet of the old Fannin Elementary School, which has a playground still open to the public.
Borrego was released Monday after posting bail. His bond had been set at $8,000.
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Updated Mark Rowlett: Tracking continued afternoon and evening thundershower chances