ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested Wednesday for allegedly assaulting his wife.
According to the report, Justin Brian Baird, of Abilene, was arrested for after police responded to a disturbance call at his home. Baird admitted to forcing his way into the bedroom where his wife was, putting his wife in a headlock and hitting her.
According to the report, Baird also had a felony warrant for aggravated assault for an incident in March when he hit his brother-in-law with his truck.
Baird was booked in the Taylor County Jail on a $12,500 bond. He has since been released on that bond.
- Updated Texas school bus crashes injuring 17, including 15 children
- Updated Gohmert: Trump no 'salvation' to GOP, but a 'reprieve'
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Warm and breezy end to the weekend
- Updated 2 killed in Central Texas after SUV veers into oncoming truck
- Updated Texas woman gets life sentence for sexually abusing children
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated