ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested by police when he was pulled over on a traffic stop, after records showed he was wanted for sexual assault of a child.
According to the arrest report, Ricardo Joshua Martinez Jr., was pulled over after not turning on his turn signal. After police stopped Martinez, records showed he had a warrant for second degree felony sexual assault of a child.
According to court records, the incident occurred in August of last year.
Martinez was arrested and booked in the Taylor County Jail on a $7,500 bond. He has since bailed out.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated