ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested Friday in connection to more than 90 grams of narcotics.
Police said a marijuana joint fell out of 29-year-old Harman Benitez Jr.'s pocket after he was contacted in a car burglary investigation. After a search of his person and the car, the reporting officer said he found 70.8 grams of methamphetamine and 20 grams of marijuana.
The officer said Benitez also had a gun, which he is not allowed to have as a convicted felon.
Benitez is in the Taylor County Jail charged with: class B possession of marijuana, first degree felony manufacture/delivery of a controlled substance and third degree felony unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon. His total bail is set at $25,750.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account