ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested Friday in connection to more than 90 grams of narcotics.
Police said a marijuana joint fell out of 29-year-old Harman Benitez Jr.'s pocket after he was contacted in a car burglary investigation. After a search of his person and the car, the reporting officer said he found 70.8 grams of methamphetamine and 20 grams of marijuana.
The officer said Benitez also had a gun, which he is not allowed to have as a convicted felon.
Benitez is in the Taylor County Jail charged with: class B possession of marijuana, first degree felony manufacture/delivery of a controlled substance and third degree felony unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon. His total bail is set at $25,750.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated