ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested Friday in connection to more than 90 grams of narcotics.
Police said a marijuana joint fell out of 29-year-old Harman Benitez Jr.'s pocket after he was contacted in a car burglary investigation. After a search of his person and the car, the reporting officer said he found 70.8 grams of methamphetamine and 20 grams of marijuana.
The officer said Benitez also had a gun, which he is not allowed to have as a convicted felon.
Benitez is in the Taylor County Jail charged with: class B possession of marijuana, first degree felony manufacture/delivery of a controlled substance and third degree felony unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon. His total bail is set at $25,750.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- Updated Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program