ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police and city marshals spent hours Tuesday trying to track down a 26-year-old man wanted for forgery.
The search for Martin G. Estrada initially led officers to a trailer home in the 100 block of South Pioneer Drive.
At that time, police say Estrada climbed out a small window of the trailer and led authorities on a short foot chase before they lost him.
Later Tuesday afternoon, on a tip, Estrada was discovered at a different trailer home hiding inside a bathroom.
Estrada is currently in Taylor County Jail, where's he's facing charges of forgery and evading arrest. His bonds total $15,000.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated