ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested Friday for allegedly having nearly 10 ounces of marijuana and an outstanding warrant for his arrest.
Police said they came into contact with 22-year-old Andres Avila while they were executing a search warrant on North 19th Street.
He allegedly surrendered 9.9 ounces of marijuana and also had an outstanding warrant for first degree felony aggravated robbery.
As of Monday, Avila is in the Taylor County Jail on bond totaling $153,500. He also has an immigration hold.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated