ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested Friday for allegedly having nearly 10 ounces of marijuana and an outstanding warrant for his arrest.
Police said they came into contact with 22-year-old Andres Avila while they were executing a search warrant on North 19th Street.
He allegedly surrendered 9.9 ounces of marijuana and also had an outstanding warrant for first degree felony aggravated robbery.
As of Monday, Avila is in the Taylor County Jail on bond totaling $153,500. He also has an immigration hold.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, making way for warmer weather and sunny skies