ABILENE, Texas - Police were called to Pine Street Salvage after 8 a.m. Wednesday when employees became suspicious of two men trying to sell 36 golf cart batteries.
When police got to the salvage yard, one man was taken into custody but the other took off and is being sought by police.
According to police, the batteries were stolen from West Texas Golf Carts.
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck