ABILENE, Texas - Police were called to Pine Street Salvage after 8 a.m. Wednesday when employees became suspicious of two men trying to sell 36 golf cart batteries.
When police got to the salvage yard, one man was taken into custody but the other took off and is being sought by police.
According to police, the batteries were stolen from West Texas Golf Carts.
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range