ABILENE, Texas - Howard Ice, 50, of Abilene died from his injuries after a motorcycle accident early Sunday morning.
The accident happened at the 2000 block of East Stamford Street around 12:30 a.m.
Police said Ice was driving a Harley Davidson motorcycle east on Stamford when he hit the back of another motorcycle driven by Howard Sturgis, 53.
Ice was taken to Hendrick Medical Center by a driver on scene. He died from sustained injuries.
Police said Ice was not wearing a helmet. It is currently unknown if alcohol was a factor in the accident.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated
- Walter murder trial: 'Formality' in sentencing to call Abilene couple back to court Thursday