ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man is in Taylor County Jail after an early Saturday morning assault.
Ronnie Merriam, 63, has been charged with first-degree felony aggravated assault.
According to police records, Merriam cut another man's hand with a knife around midnight Saturday morning.
The incident occurred in the 2000 block of Collins Avenue.
Merriam's bond is set at $35,000.
- Updated Convicted man on Texas Most Wanted sex offender list caught
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase