ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man is in Taylor County Jail after an early Saturday morning assault.
Ronnie Merriam, 63, has been charged with first-degree felony aggravated assault.
According to police records, Merriam cut another man's hand with a knife around midnight Saturday morning.
The incident occurred in the 2000 block of Collins Avenue.
Merriam's bond is set at $35,000.
- Teenage suspect arrested in Hamlin murder; 2nd suspect wanted
- Updated Abilene police ask for help identifying man who robbed 2 convenience stores
- House fires fought in north, south Abilene
- Big Country 15-year-old sells steer for $345,000
- 2nd Vernon College rodeo team member dies 8 days after Haskell County crash; 3rd death total
- Brownwood college rodeo raising funds for families of deceased Vernon College students
- Brownwood teen gets 50 years in prison for murdering parents
- Sears Hometown in Early to remain open despite company's woes
- Scoreboard at Gordon Wood Stadium in Brownwood to be replaced
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities