ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man is in Taylor County Jail after an early Saturday morning assault.
Ronnie Merriam, 63, has been charged with first-degree felony aggravated assault.
According to police records, Merriam cut another man's hand with a knife around midnight Saturday morning.
The incident occurred in the 2000 block of Collins Avenue.
Merriam's bond is set at $35,000.
- Updated Photo of Abilene veteran and his service dog goes viral
- Updated Justin Ross Harris sentenced to life for son's hot-car death
- 1 dead after 2 vehicles go into water-filled Texas sinkhole
- Iraan grad rounding up support from Texas cheerleaders after deadly bus crash
- Oakland fire death toll at 36, likely to climb as investigation continues
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Ballinger man arrested for ramming multiple patrol cars
- Thousands attend Brownwood Christmas parade