ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man is in Taylor County Jail after an early Saturday morning assault.
Ronnie Merriam, 63, has been charged with first-degree felony aggravated assault.
According to police records, Merriam cut another man's hand with a knife around midnight Saturday morning.
The incident occurred in the 2000 block of Collins Avenue.
Merriam's bond is set at $35,000.
- WATCH NOW: Live coverage of President Donald Trump's inauguration
- West Texas teacher admits luring immigrant teachers for kickbacks
- Texas judge cited after allegedly making obscene gesture
- Updated Abilene High School students attend presidential inauguration
- Firefighters battle grass fire west of Anson