ABILENE, Texas - An alleged drunk driver with prior convictions was arrested on a felony DWI charge Friday after crashing in South Abilene.
Kenneth Outlaw, 49, was allegedly driving near South 2nd Street and Ross Avenue around 12:20 a.m. when he drove through traffic cones blocking off an area the city's water department had sectioned off to work on a main break.
Officers said Outlaw crashed and subsequently refused to complete his field sobriety tests. Due to his three prior convictions, he was taken to Hendrick Medical Center for a mandatory blood draw.
Outlaw is charged with third degree felony DWI and posted his $10,000 bond within 24 hours of his arrest.
- Updated Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Drier and warmer weather for most to finish the work week