A Taylor County jury found Pablo Moreno III guilty Wednesday on aggravated assault charges for a shooting 13 months ago.
The jury deliberated for an hour Wednesday morning before returning a verdict at about 11:30 a.m.
A judge will sentence Moreno, 29, on Aug. 1. There will be no pre-sentencing investigation.
Moreno was arrested in June 2011 and charged with aggravated assault for a shooting that occurred near Tim's Bait Shop on Ambler street.
According to police, 39-year-old Ricky Gomez suffered a gunshot would to the chest but was able to recover.
- Witness to Abilene man's murder names Gootee as shooter
- 2 riding in Bangs bike race to honor fallen Texas officers
- Ex-NFL quarterback Tim Tebow to speak in Brownwood next year
- Drone taking video of downtown Abilene streets Sunday
- Updated Police fatality report: Car accidents among top cause of death