A Taylor County jury found Pablo Moreno III guilty Wednesday on aggravated assault charges for a shooting 13 months ago.
The jury deliberated for an hour Wednesday morning before returning a verdict at about 11:30 a.m.
A judge will sentence Moreno, 29, on Aug. 1. There will be no pre-sentencing investigation.
Moreno was arrested in June 2011 and charged with aggravated assault for a shooting that occurred near Tim's Bait Shop on Ambler street.
According to police, 39-year-old Ricky Gomez suffered a gunshot would to the chest but was able to recover.
- Updated 'Eerily similar' earthquake hit Italian region in 2009
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles welcomed home to Texas
- Updated 2016 rainfall totals exceed normal yearly average in Abilene
- Updated Rival schools lend football gear to Oklahoma team after fire