A Taylor County jury found Pablo Moreno III guilty Wednesday on aggravated assault charges for a shooting 13 months ago.
The jury deliberated for an hour Wednesday morning before returning a verdict at about 11:30 a.m.
A judge will sentence Moreno, 29, on Aug. 1. There will be no pre-sentencing investigation.
Moreno was arrested in June 2011 and charged with aggravated assault for a shooting that occurred near Tim's Bait Shop on Ambler street.
According to police, 39-year-old Ricky Gomez suffered a gunshot would to the chest but was able to recover.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide